Once again, I was selected by One2One Network to receive a free copy of a CD in exchange for providing my honest opinion of the CD on my blog. This time it was the Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack.
I'll just state up front, I haven't seen the movie, so this review is based solely on the merits of the music itself. That said, I hated it.
Really. I wanted to like something about it considering I didn't like the last CD I reviewed for One2One Network. But I didn't.
Liza Minnelli singing "Single Ladies"? One of the most excruciating auditory experiences OF MY LIFE. Nobody should live through that. Shouldn't happen. Wasn't OK.
The decision by the powers that be to have the Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon sing "I Am Woman"? WTF? Really? I'm not sure the four of them would be capable of pulling off "Happy Birthday" with the assistance of Autotune.
Maybe I would have liked the whole thing better if I'd seen the movie, but I'm guessing, based on the reviews I've read for the movie, that's probably not the case.
Sorry kids, this one's getting a big fat NO from me.
If you want to check out the entire line-up of fabulous tunes, here's the whole shebang:
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”