This year, I decided to try a new approach to Spring Break. We're only a few days into it, but (knock on wood) it's been a dream compared to past years. It's only taken me 6+ years to fine tune this puppy. Here's what I've done:
- Wednesday, signed the kids up for Club Penguin (using their allowance money).
- Thursday night, increased kids' allotted computer time from 2 hrs. to 4hrs. per day and decreased their breaks from 1.5 hrs. to 15 minutes. Left weekly maximum at 15 hrs. (May be increasing that, will let you know.)
- Friday afternoon, took the kids to Trader Joe's and stocked up on favorite, usually forbidden, breakfast, lunch and snack foods.
- Stocked up on caffeine for me.
- Picked out a good book for me to read. (Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin)