The stunning K. Holden Helena of San Francisco Love Story tagged me with this meme. Since I’m feeling a little scattered on topics for posts right now, this seemed the perfect answer.
1. Does your brother approve of who you are dating?
Given that I’ve been ‘dating’ the man for over 19 years, and married to him for 14, I sure hope so. Honestly, it never occurred to me to ask my brother if he approved of anyone I dated. I’m not wired that way.
2. Do you like Obama?
3. What’s on your mind?
My hysterectomy (scheduled for 12/23), my postponed bewb lump removal (couldn’t get it coordinated w/hyst. unless I waited until Jan.), our medical insurance changing to Kaisier (hold me), and the fact that I’m not even close to ready for Xmas (gifts not wrapped, shipped or organized in a way that Hubs can figure it out easily). Bug’s birthday is Thursday. No plans formulated because we thought my surgery would be in January and had planned to do his celebration while friends are off on Xmas break.
4. When did you last cry?
Can’t recall. I know it hasn’t been a long time since I’ve teared up, but I haven’t had a good cry in a while. I think I’m due.
5. Who were you with last night?
My immediate family.
6. Do you have a deep secret?
I’m sure I have a few, according to most definitions.
7. Do you like someone?
I like many someones. For all different reasons.
8. What do you want right now?
I want someone else to tidy up my house and do the laundry while I snuggle with my kidlets and watch Xmas movies, drink cocoa, and hibernate.
9. Have you ever made anyone cry?
I have children, therefore yes. I make them cry. They make me cry. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes not.
10. Are you normally a happy person?
Hmm…I’m not normally any particular mood. It’s variable.
11. Are you annoying?
Only when I want to be.
12. Are there any people who don’t like you?
Most probably, yes.
13. Do you miss anyone?
I do. I miss a number of people who’ve left this world. I also miss friends and family who are far away, but not the same way I miss those who’ve passed. I can have 2-way conversations with the living. Still working on that skill with the dead.
14. What is bugging you right now?
My vibrating, overheating laptop, the economy, and my lower back.
15. What’s something you wish you could understand better?
16. Have you ever kissed someone whose name started with an R?
All the time.
17. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe in chemistry at first sight, but not love. Hubs and I have been together since first sight, but the love grew and continues to grow. Love is not a static thing.
18. Do you hate the last person you were talking to?
Gosh no. That would be my daughter, and I most certainly do not hate her. Love the hell out of that kid. She’s amazing.
19. Who was the last person to talk to you on the phone?
That would be my sister-in-law, Tree. We were working out some technical difficulties with Wisheo, which we’re using to collect contributions to help my niece’s eldest son join his family in the Philippines.
20. What do you want in life?
I want to watch my children grow, alongside Hubs. I want to see where life takes them, and us. I want to laugh. Often.
21. Do you believe in true love?
I think all love is true.
22. Do you like McCain?
Um, no. Not even a little bit. I think he’s a bully. I’m not fond of bullies.
23. Are you playing hard to get right now?
I’m already gotten. So, no.
24. Do you miss your past?
The only thing I miss from my past is my 20-year old body, but I’m proud of what this nearly-40 body has brought to the world. So, we’re learning to get along.
25. Are you proud of the person you’ve become?
26. How good is your eyesight?
I can see without my glasses, but less well than in years past. I used to be able to correct to 20/10 with glasses. Now, it’s a 20/20 deal. Darn football eyes.
27. What’s the longest amount of time you’ve been on an airplane?
I’ve been on some cross-country flights that felt like an eternity, and flights to Hawaii that were just as long, but felt like nothing.
28. Has someone smacked your butt in the past week?
More likely grabbed than smacked.
29. What are you doing besides this survey?
Showering, taking the kids to various activities, and laundry/tidying up.
30. Who was the last person you had a serious talk with?
Hubs or Peanut, depending on your definition of serious. What’s serious to a 10 year old might not hit the scale with an adult.
31. In the past week have you felt sad?
Yes, certainly. Seems to be an emotion that works its way through my playlist.
32. Do you think you can last in a relationship for more than 3 months?
Hubs and I have been together for almost 20 years, so I’ll say yes.
33. When was the last time you wanted to punch someone in their face?
Figuratively? Yesterday. Literally? I have no idea.
34. How many people do you know with your name?
Very few who spell it correctly, the ones who do are all Internet friends.
35. Would you rather watch football or baseball?
Football on TV, baseball in person.
36. Do you prefer warm or cold weather?
I like an ambient 70 degrees. Honestly, I should live in San Diego or Hawaii.
37. How’s your heart lately?
Heavy, but strong.
38. Did someone make you mad today?
Not yet, the day is young.
39. Why do you think people kiss with their eyes closed?
That’s what happens when your eyes roll back.
40. Do you still talk to the person who hurt you the most?
I don’t even know whom that would be, so it’s hard to say. My perception of whom I’ve hurt most is certainly not the same as the perception of those I’ve hurt. They’d have to argue that amongst themselves.
41. Have you ever made out in a library?
Oh, yeah. I’ve also seen a kid masturbating in a library, but that’s another story.
42. What is the last thing you did before you went to bed last night?
Told the kids to turn off the Wii and get to bed.
Rather than tag anyone specific, I will leave it up to you all. If you decide to carry on with 42, leave a link in the comments to let me know.