Friday Five (shamelessly stolen from The East Coast Editor via Ms. Norway):
1. What's the oldest thing in your refrigerator. (Post a photo if possible.)
It's a toss up between Sister Sara's Extra Fancy Bread and Butter Pickles and a bottle of Orange Chili Thai Dressing.
2. Would you eat a chocolate-covered ant if someone assured you that it would feel and taste just like a chocolate-covered raisin?
I think I'd be more likely to just eat the ant plain or lightly sauteed with garlic and butter.
3. What is the most unusual food that you like?
I think most people find my love of oyster stew a bit odd, but I've always liked it. My personal belief is that the oddest food I like is a concoction called Christmas Meat. I don't know exactly what's in it, don't want to. I just know that it involves a meat grinder and is made seasonally by my MIL.
4. What is the most ordinary food that you don't like?
Popcorn and potato chips. I will eat both out of boredom, but don't like either. If the potato chips are BBQ, I won't eat them to save the lives of my children.
5. If you could eat only one type of fruit for the rest of your life, which fruit would you pick? Assume it would always be a perfect specimen.
I'm going to have to go with red grapes, always retaining the potential for conversion to wine. If conversion of fruit does not apply, then I'd go with something in the berry family.